- Moose are one of my favorite animals. I am not sure why, they just always have been... Our trip to Algonquin Park was all about moose photography and it was truly awesome! The combination of Michael Bertelsen and Algonquin Park is unbeatable... Michael's expertise and non-invasive approach to wildlife gets you in close to the moose without impacting their normal behavior, perfect for getting those special images. The perspective from the boat is unique and provides a background of the beautiful shoreline and trees as the moose indulge endlessly on lily pads. Thanks, Michael, for a great adventure. We are already planning our next trip.
- Mike, Just wanted to say thanks for our loon trip last week. Both Michele and I got some great shots.
You're a real expert on understanding loons and how to get us superb photo ops without stressing them!!
I'll be back for sure,
- Michael, Once again thanks for the great workshop, it was well worth the 6 hour drive.
I had many more keepers than normal, thanks for all your help. It made a big difference!
See you next spring,
- I would highly recommend Mike Bertelsen's workshops & tours. Before going on some of Mike's trips I had absolutely zero Loon & Moose Images that were worth printing. Now I have dozens, with offers from co-workers to purchase prints. Mike is an accomplished photographer in his own right and knows the park and it's wildlife within. Most importantly Mike respects the animals we are photographing and never puts taking pictures over the animal's welfare. Last but not least, he's great company.
- Mike, The many different wildlife experiences I have had with you will remain as some of the highlights in my lifetime. Without your guidance, I would have never had taken the AAA+ shots I have today.
I will continue to pursue my passion in wildlife photography and look forward to joining you on future trips.
- Michael, I wanted to thank you for an outstanding journey into Algonquin Park.
I've had the Loon "Changing of the Guard" on my photography bucket list for 10 years. So having the chance to witness and photograph such an event first hand was a special moment indeed.
- Michael, Overdue in thanking you for your wonderful Loon/Moose photo workshop last month.As you know I do a fair bit of wildlife & landscape photography around North America, including attending a number of well known workshops.
My experience with you was world class, not only because of the scenery & wildlife but largely because of your knowledge and enthusiasm.
I am already making plans for another trip with you.
Thanks, Jack P
- Mike is a real professional. He has the technical expertise to give the photographer the best opportunity to make that unique shot, while at the same time respecting the wildlife and its environment. I've done a number of trips with Mike over the last few years and look forward to many more in the future.